NORDIC MARINE OIL A/S CELEBRATES ITS 10TH ANNIVERSARY
Aalborg, June 29, 2021
On 1 July 2021, it has been 10 years since Nordic Marine A/S was founded with a view to selling fuel and lubricating oil to the Danish maritime market.
Nordic Marine Oil A/S is a 100% privately owned and Danish-registered company that saw the light of day in 2011 as a subsidiary of Malik Supply A/S, which since 1989 has operated with a worldwide purchase and sale of fuel for the maritime industry. The company’s head office is in Aalborg with a beautiful view of the Limfjord’s crashing waves outside.
“We could not celebrate our 10th anniversary without our professional and dedicated employees in the office and out in the ports”, says CEO Steen Møller. ” Being a smaller company, it is important to dare to take the lead and to try something new. Doing so requires employees who collaborate and trust each other and the management. We have that at Nordic Marine Oil A/S”.
Nordic Marine Oil A/S is a company in development that operates its own oil terminals and bunker barges in Jutland, serving Danish and foreign customers from all segments of shipping. If you look at the staff, it has grown from 19 employees in 2011 to 31 employees in 2021.
“We want to be where the customers need fuel, and therefore we listen closely to what the customers demand, so we can constantly develop in the right direction”, says Steen Møller, who is also looking forward to an exciting future, where fuel is no longer just fuel, but “energy in all its forms”.
Nordic Marine Oil A/S currently delivers fuel from oil terminals, with bunker barges in Danish ports, in Danish waters and via truck throughout Denmark. The company has offices in Aalborg and Fredericia.
“Celebrating a 10-year anniversary is a fantastic milestone, something we are very proud of”, Steen Møller concludes in the characteristic Jutlandic way.
- 2011 Nordic Marine Oil A/S was founded and takes over Statoil’s Danish marine activities.
- 2014 Nordic Marine Oil A/S acquires M/T GAIA NORDIC, a bunker barge that primarily operates on Skagen red and purchases tank storage in Frederikshavn from Samtank A/S.
- 2015 Nordic Marine Oil A/S takes over marine activities from Uno-X in Esbjerg. Among other things, several bunker barges.
- 2016 Nordic Marine Oil A/S is appointed Gazelle company by the daily newspaper Børsen.
- 2018 Nordic Marine Oil A/S takes over tank storage and marine activities from YX-Energy in Esbjerg.
- 2019 Nordic Marine Oil A/S expands on the Danish West Coast and builds new storage tanks and takes over more oil storage facilities.
- 2021 Nordic Marine Oil A/S celebrates its 10th anniversary and furthermore achieves 2 ISO certifications: ISO 14001: 2015 (environmental management) and ISO 45001: 2018 (occupational health and safety management).